CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 12, 2007

Break A Leg!?!?


So, Saturday was quite the day. Topher went to play football bright and early with a bunch of guys as usual, but this time he didn't come running in the house to tell me about it, he came a hobbling inside. What happened you ask? Well, I guess he caught a pass and was very low to the ground when he caught it and tried to take off really fast, but his achilles was stretched to the max and it just popped. It made a super loud pop. His buddy (Brett) was about 20 yards away and he heard the big pop.

So, I took him to the Emergency Room and they think he tore his achilles. The orthopaedist today said he pretty much tore it all the way through. He is in a brace right now and on crutches. He has an MRI on Wednesday to see what will have to be done, but most likely he is going to have surgery. Poor Toph! At least he was doing something fun and didn't just fall down the stairs or slip on a toy car or something. I think he is finally starting to get the hang of the crutches...at first he was pretty wobbly. Toph has been super "tough man" about it, but I feel like I have 3 little kids now, because I have to help him do more things, which is great. I love taking care of him. But when we go anywhere it takes me like 3 trips to get everybody inside. I'll let you know what we find out on Wednesday!

5 comments:

Minnesota Fun! said...

Topher that is terrible. I hope everything goes well on Wed. Good Luck! Good Luck to you Carma with all 3 boys!

The Mac Attack said...

suck a duck topher. I think you were just too fast for your body. good luck with the surgery and recovery, hope the boys are doing fine. Have fun taking care of three boys carma.

Tammy said...

Toph even looks cute with crutches!! But then I'm a little prejudice!

Collin and Lori said...

That really sounds painful. I got sick just reading about it. Toph I hope all goes well with the Doc.

AnneMarie said...

Poor Toph and poor you. That's soo hard!