CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 19, 2007

Oh Snap!

So, I took Toph to the doctor today and it turns out that his achilles is totally torn and it snapped right in half. So...there is like a 5 centimeter gap between his heel and calf where there should be tendon but is not. He is getting surgery either Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. So, we are happy to get things going. The Doc said he will probably be in a cast for about 6 weeks and then a boot for a while. Toph seemed relieved to finally know what is up and to have a surgery date set.

A funny thing happened...we went to Walmart the other day for a few things and when we were walking inside a guy stopped Toph and asked him what had happened? Toph told him he had torn his achilles playing football and no lie, the guy asked him if he did it playing pro football!! I think Toph felt pretty dang cool. It was funny.

5 comments:

tristanandtricia said...

I'm glad they finally have something set for surgery. And it's a holiday so he won't miss class! Tristan says Topher should have told that guy at the store that if he was a pro player he wouldn't be shopping at Walmart. But what a compliment!! Maybe one day, you know...in the morning fill a cavity, that evening make a touchdown!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the surgery. What a nice thing to have happen! So cool!

Bekah said...

Oh my gosh! Well, please please please call us to help watch the boys during and after the surgery. We'd love to entertain them for a while! I know Topher might be down for a while and Carma, just call us so you can spend some time taking care of him! In other words, we love your kids and want to play with them!

Collin and Lori said...

I'm glad everything worked out, but I don't know what that guy was thinking. . .Topher a pro! J/k Now Carma, I just tagged you. You'll have to go to my blog to see what this is all about. I feel like it's lame, but I thought I would try it once.

Jen & Matt Rigby said...

Ugh, I only have a week and a half left and my six weeks on crutches will be over, tell Toph I totally feel for him. I hope it goes by super fast! P.S. I really want to talk to you...and I don't know how many messages constitutes a stalker so give me a call when you get a chance :)