So, our family tradition is to go out hunting Christmas trees on the day after Thanksgiving, but due to the recent achilies surgery episode we had to try something new. There are some trees across the street from us that are going to be cut down sooner or later, so my idea was to make a trek across the street in the middle of the night and chop one down. Toph thought he would rather spend Christmas at home and not in jail. So, we decided to purchase our tree from Wal-Mart this year. We got bundled up and headed down the street where we scoped out the best live tree they had, it was a tough decision, because they were all very similar. But, we found the best tree... threw it over our shoulder, I mean...threw it into the cart and headed home. We decorated it that night and had fun watching Polar Express and drinking hot chocolate. It was a different tree hunt for us, but we had a ball.
December
6 years ago
8 comments:
I'm with you on being sneaky, but it's true that being at home is beter than being in jail. :) Maybe you can ask them to transplant it to your yard, and cut it next year.
The tree looks great! And Jack looks SO cute with his indian hat on.
Chirstmas is great with little kids. Jacob has re-decorated my tree many times. I love watching Christmas movies and drinking hot chocolate. Too bad we don't live a little closer and get all these boys together and play. Happy Holidays!
Cute matching jammies! I can't wait to see you.
Hey Guys!
Good call on staying out of Jail! I would hate to have to come serve you dinner in jail!!
The pics are so cute and the jammies are adorable!
Love ya!
Carm!
Cute tree. How fun. Hows the pro football husband of yours dealing with the post-surgery buisness? I cant get over how much Jack is like a spittin' image of Miles. AH, and dont you love that you decorate your christmas tree and then have to move all the ornaments 5 inches from the top so your toddlers dont yank on them all day...at least thats my experience. 18 days till christmas. Whaoo!
Hi Carma,
it's Jamie Vakautakakala(Brown) from Richfield, ok so I was being a little snoopy and I found your blog!! How is dental school going? Where in Oklahoma do you live (is that right?) anyways is it ok if I add you to my blog? www.pilaandjamieshouse.blogspot.com anyways talk to you later!! jamie
Glad I ran across your blog!!
And a fine tree it is!! Sounds like a wonderful evening!
Hey Carma! It was good seeing you over the break in Richfield! I hope you had a great Christmas and New Years! Tell Toph we are sorry about his surgery and wish him the best of luck with that. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment