CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Blackberries

Hello! So, it has been very eventful as of late. We finally finished painting our house. It looks so great and it is so nice to have done. We LOVE it. We pretty much painted the whole house, but it is still a light color. The paint is nicer now though (semi gloss), no more sand paper flat paint. It probably works good for some people, but it was awful for us and our 2 boys. Whenever food was flung on the wall and I would clean it off, the paint came right off too. Now the paint is really slick and smooth, you could even rub your face on it and it would feel good. So, feel free to come by to rub your face on it. (just kidding) Anyhow, I like the boys room best. I wish the whole fam damily could just sleep in their room all the time, it is very cheerful.

And, we recently went and picked blackberries and I now feel like I am the mom from "Little House on the Prairie", because we picked our own berries and then I came home and made a blackberry pie out of our pickens. So domestic - right? The pie was very tasty, it was me and Toph's weakness for a couple of days.


Here are some 4th of July picts too. We had so much fun. We went to the Edmond parade and then went swimming in the back yard in our little pool. Then we had a BBQ with some friends and watched the fireworks. It was a lot of good times. We did manage to have a delicious free snow cone at the parade too, because what is the 4th without fireworks and snowcones! Anyhow, things are great!
Picking blackberries at the farm. Miles was a pro and Jack even got the hang of it.



All of our delicious berries.


The pie got wolfed. Anytime Toph got the pie out I came a runnin.


At the parade.


Jack at the parade. (I like this picture)




We just gave Jack his first buzz and now they look like twins.

We painted a brownish accent wall behind our entertainment center and also painted the entry way the same color.

The boys room is green on 2 walls and blue on 2 walls. It is so boyish and cheery. When Miles saw it for the first time he said, "This is like cool." They really like it and their bunks that Toph finished for them.





This is the office/nursery. We painted it brown and put a chair rail up high. My mom wants to get us a new crib set, so we're going to get one that is brown, I think it will be cute.


Anyhow, sorry there were so many paint picts, I just wanted you to get the feel.

23 comments:

Launi said...

it looks superb, carm! you are a great decorator, and it looks like a wonderful cook to boot! :)

Megan said...

Love the paint... i LOVE the green in the boys room. I may have to get the name of it. If you decide you have energy to paint more, feel free to come to my kids' room.
Hannah is looking at the pics with me & she saw the nursery & asked who's room it was. I told her you were having a new baby, she said: they are giving jack away!?! Haha. I corrected myself & said having ANOTHER baby.

The Vakautakakala's said...

Good Job Carma!! The house looks great!! And is there really a baby in your belly? Aren't you what, like almost 7months along? You look great!!

Christensen Family said...

LOVE the paint!!! I want to come see it in person! can I?

Anonymous said...

Your house looks so cute! Good paintin'!

Minnesota Fun! said...

I am so impressed that you have the energy to paint being so prego. Can you believe we are going to have 3 boys soooo soon. Are you ready? I'm not. Some days I think about having another one and think I'm way too young to be having my third kid. CRAZY. It wasn't that long ago we were chilling with Mrs. Durfey. Any who... Your paint job looks great!

Monica Jackman said...

How cute is your house!- and your little family. I love how you guys painted. I'm sure you're glad that is over. My dreams of having our own place to decorate is just that- a dream. One day....
I can't believe how big Jack and Miles are and how much they look alike. I am excited to see how similar your next little guy will be to his older brothers. And I am excited to hear what you name him- you guys always choose such cute names.

The Vakautakakala's said...

Carma, I just found out today that we'll be in oklahoma city this weekend, my husband has a rugby tournament there on saturday. do you guys live close to there? (isn't that where the dental school is?) anyways it would be fun to see you!! let me know...jamie

The Vakautakakala's said...

We'll just be there for the tournament on Saturday , they usually start around 9 or so in the morning and then end around 5. I'm not sure where the park is at, I'll have to have Pila find that out. After that we're driving to Utah since we will already be 4 hours into our drive!! I'm so excited!! Yeah I'll call you, it would be way fun to see you, I know our kids would have fun together!!

Collin and Lori said...

I'm impressed with the pie and the great paint! I'm getting ready to paint too. I'm glad you had a fun 4th. I missed you in Richfield; I miss you always though.

Christine said...

I love the colors you chose! It looks so great! Oh, and I wish my desk looked that organized!

Loft-in-Paradise said...

You are so talented (Who would've known :)! Watch out Martha, here comes Carma!

Mary Beck said...

Carm, you are QUITE the little decorator! I love how you decorate your living room and boys room ,and the cute curtains and everything...wow, I need tips from you! And i can't believe how old your boys look, I guess it's about time we get the 3rd one here, huh?

Ari said...

That is soo cool. Did you guys just buy a house? I love to paint!
Looks great!

KFinley said...

I love your house - it looks awesome! Hope all is going well for you!

Hannah said...

Carma! This is Hannah Tanner from Delta. It is so fun to read what you're up to! It seems so long ago that we were at UVSC together, and even longer since we ran races against each other. You have such a cute little family. Hope you don't mind if I stop in and see how you're doing every so often. Feel free to do the same.

-Hannah (Tanner) Clark

Topher and Carma said...

Hannah- What is your blog address! I can't seem to get in and I was seriously thinking about you a few days ago. I am so happy you found my blog. I am excited to keep in touch. Talk to you soon!

Krysta and Zac said...

Carma!!! AH yea! I found your blog. I was just looking at some random kids from my high schools blog and I saw Carma and Topher!!! Yea your boys looks so cute and so do you I just miss your face!!! Also I just saw Emily Peterson and her 2 little girls last week in Provo. By the way my husband and I are obsessed with Royce. I am so glad to see you doing well! Take care!

Topher and Carma said...

Great Pictures babe! I miss you guys.

Toph

Jamie said...

This is going to be long- first, your house looks great! I love all the colors you did! I would love to see it sometime. And I love Little House on the Prairie, looks like you guys had tonz of fun! And I love the pics at the parade, so cute!! We need to get together soon before the summer runs out!

Keri Larson said...

Hey Carma! You are a sweetheart. Thanks for offering help, but things are going much much better. Just a rough start. So we totally need to do dinner or games or something. I love your house. I just painted a purple wall in Ady's room, it's so fun! And your boys are so stinkin' cute. You guys are great!

Tammy said...

Toph & Carm-
I finally had a minute to look at your blog. I love the paint! I am so proud of you guys! It looks so great!! Did you get a new computer desk?? It looks nice too! And the boys are growing like weeds!! They look so cute with their buzz cuts!!

Steph and Hunter said...

Carma and Topher! Hey! It's Steph and Hunter from Cedar! Anyway, I just ran across your blog! It has been a long time since we have seen you guys! Looks like things are going great for you both! How fun! Well, just thought we would say hi! If you want to add us, our blog is hunterandsteph.blogspot.com!