CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 2, 2009

New York, New York

Oh my gosh...I am so lucky. About a month ago I got a ring-a-ding from my mother-in-law. She told me that Topher's Grandma was turning 70 this year and to celebrate, all the girls (daughters, in-laws, nieces, grand daughters) were all going to NYC to see Wicked for her birthday. I was super excited for them to all go, but knew I would never be able to afford it. But, my in-laws are so fabulous, they actually paid for me to go...I love them! It was one of the funnest trips ever. New York, New York is such a fun city. I definitely want to go back with Toph. We had so much fun. We shopped a lot, took a big tour and saw all the cool sites, saw Wicked & Mamma Mia, stayed up late, ate delish cupcakes and other food , and just had so much fun together as girlie girls.

I had so much fun! Thanks mom and dad B for letting me tag along and thanks Toph and all my great Oky friends for watching the boys. You guys are way to cool!


Me, Momma B, and Brianna at Mamma Mia. Notice my big earrings. I got these babies from my friend as a gift about a year ago. I was so proud of myself for wearing them. Look at me - I'm growing up.

"You can dance...you can jive, dig it the Dancing Queen"
A few of the girls at Mamma Mia. I just wanted to bust a move down the aisle during the whole play. (I don't know why I look hunched - weird)

Our awesome hotel - right downtown.


Central Park - seriously, this park is huge. I loved it.

The beautiful temple

Dinner at a fun Cuban restaurant after seeing Wicked.

Me and Brianna at Wicked

All dolled up for Wicked. The play was amazing, I shed many a tear.


8 comments:

Bruce Douglas said...

Hi Carm,
Marissa and I are doing applesauce and decided to look at the blog. Hey, What earrings? We were both surprised and impressed. Looks fun.
Mom

Monica Jackman said...

How jealous am I? Although I have seen Wicked it has been a while. I know what you mean about shedding tears. There are still times my eyes get misty when I hear For Good or Defying Gravity. (It might have to do with the fact that I was pregnant when I saw it and my emotions were wacko :)

Lyns said...

SOOOO jealous!! I LOVE New York. Wicked and Mamma Mia are both awesome.

The Hatch Family said...

We had a great time with you. So glad you could come. Maddie especially loved shopping with you. You just need to live closer then you could share wardrobes.

Justi said...

Oh my heavens...I'm so excited for you. That sounds like an amazing trip. You have great in-laws, how fun for you guys. Didn't you just love Wicked and Mama Mia? Those are two of my faves. The pics are so cute, you look adorable!

RVLAH said...

Super fun! I know, growing up still seems elusive to me, but you women look like you had a blast! Hooray for you and awesome Barnetts!

Miss you
Val

Unknown said...

I still really love our sassy picture. We're pretty much amazingly hot.

Holly said...

SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOOOOOOOOOOOoooo jealous!!!!!!!! How fun is that?!!! I never even heard about it in person, so I'm happy to read about it Ü. You look stunning in your wicked dress!

{it's holly btw, my profile is being crazy right now}