So, I have been wanting to do a triathlon forever. It has been written down on my yearly goals list for the past six years of my life, but alas I've either been large and prego or sporting an "after baby" bod. So, this past month - we came, we saw, we conquered! We did it and really had so much fun in the process. There are definitely more triathlons in our near future. This one was a sprint tri, so you first swim 500 yards then bike 12 miles and then run a 5k.
Some funny moments: I cannot swim - I had to use a nose plug and I looked like a witch, but in the third lap I lost my plug and thus ended up back stroking about half the race. Also, I ran a little bit of the race with my bike helmet still intact. And I didn't have a road bike, so on the bike portion I got passed by some larger/elderly men - sad. Here are some picts from the exciting event.
December
6 years ago
13 comments:
Carma you are super in shape holy cow!! Great job finishing so well! Makes me want to do one next year!
I can't believe you did that - that is incredible! Good job!
I am so glad you guys got to do it. The pictures are awesome!!
Congrats!!! That is so fun! I'll have to tell you about my first triathlon, you won't feel nearly as bad about the nose plug and mountain bike thing :) That's so awesome!!Way to go!
Carma! Check you out - your ripped legs and all! ;) That was way fun.
Carma & Topher,
I think that it is great that you did the race.
I would have drowned for sure. We are so proud of you and how well that you did. We love the pictures, it makes us miss you more than ever. I LOVE your new blog.
Love you,
Mom & Dad
You rock! You are like one solid peice of muscle. I love that action shot of your running...totally ripped! How can I get little Cordy to get off the couch and run something like that with me? to be continued...good job!
You just rock. plain and simple. rock. !!!
I love that last pic of us, btw. bfbf (best friend bikers forever)
xoxo
Carm, you are the greatest! I cannot believe you did a Triathlon...what a super woman. I'm so impressed. Way to go!
Hey Carm that is so awesome that you did the tri. I also can't swim, but I would have drowned, so I'm super impressed that you made it. Way to go!
Hey thanks for letting me check out your blog- love it!! Love the pics from the race, so many familiar faces. So Jealous. Wish I was here early enough to know and participate.
Thats my girl!!!! I remember that little body. Always from behind of course! Your awesome babe! Keep in touch!!!
That's sooo awesome! I'm still such a slacker... gotta get back to it. By the way, do you have any idea how RIPPED you look in that picture of you running?! You need to do an Ironman!
Post a Comment