CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Could you drive 4000 miles in 2 weeks?

Well, we just did and it was so so worth it! With only 6 movies, two diaper blow-outs, one barf, one totally caffenated monster drink and lots and lots of dorito and jerky breath- we think it was a pretty successful trip. Our journey of thousands of miles started with a surprise trip from Toph to me. We went and cheered on the Utes at the Notre Dame game in South Bend, Indiana. So much fun eventhough they got killed. Dean joined us for the road trip, but our great friends watched the other boys. Thanks you guys!!! We met up with Mom and Dad B, and had such a fun quick trip.

 TDJ - touch down Jesus baby!

We got home from the game Sunday morn, (after driving through the night) then we headed for Richfield, UT the following Thursday night to once again drive through the night. We had such a fun time with our families and I hated leaving. It was too quick of a trip, but we loved every minute.The boys loved being with all their cousins - there are 18 now.

 They had hot chocolate, then watched Polar Express and had a big sleepover in the living room.
 The girlies modeling our new scarves - thanks mom!
My cute mom - I love her so much
I love my daddy-o too!
The reason we headed home this year is because my wonderful mom and dad are going on a LDS mission to the Nauvoo Temple. They gave their farewell and we blessed Dean on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. They are going to be the best missionaries ever, but we'll miss them. Lucky for me they are now only 8 hours away - hooray! I can't wait to see them more.
 Little Dean on his blessing day! He looked like a little dude man. I made his tie for him out of one of his dads old ones.
 Toph and Dean - Topher gave such a sweet and powerful blessing, it was really special.
 Hank is such a cute big bro - he's always looking out for Dean.

7 comments:

Tara said...

You guys are CRAZY! I love it. I wish we were a bit more brave for stuff like that. =) Loved the family pictures. You guys are so cute!

Zach and Codi said...

Hooray for new photos!! Look how cute you guys are! I can hardly believe how fast your kids are growing up, glad to see you're doing so well!

katrina said...

no, I could not drive that far in two weeks.

You guys are amazing!

Natalie said...

Your boys are seriously so cute..and the tie...love it! You look beautiful and very happy too :)

Stephanie said...

How fun, did going back to Notre Dame bring back memories of cross-country? I bet you guys stayed at the Hickory-Inn!

What a cute family of 6!!!

Congrats on your parents mission call. It will be fun for you guys to be a little closer. I love visiting Nauvoo.

Bruce Douglas said...

I just read your new blog. I have missed it. The pictures are all so cute. I love the ones of little Dean and his tie. The grandkid pictures was so cute too. Where did they all come from. What a blessing in our lives. Love you, Mom

Ari said...

Oh, yes...the Hickory Inn. I still have nightmares about that! You look great, and so happy!