Just wanted to let everyone know that Carm had the baby last night (9/17). She was having contractions around 9:00 pm, her water broke at about 9:45, and the baby was born at 10:37 (thanks to Ike and Bekah for takin' the boys so we weren't birthing babies in the bathtub). Needless to say there wasn't enough time to get an epidural, so she had to go natural. She did an awesome job and luckily the baby came fast. She was so excited when she found out that she had had the baby and was done. Her and the nurse next to her were kind of crying together. The nurse said that when carm said "I'm done?" in such an excited tone that it made her get all teary. It was a really good experience, apart from the absence of an epidural. I got to help deliver the baby. He was 6 lbs 11oz and 19 1/2 in. He looks just like his brothers. We've decided to name him Hank Christopher. We will post some pictures when we get home from the hospital. He's a total stud though.
December
6 years ago
15 comments:
congratulations, guys! can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!
Congratulations Barnetts! That's so exciting. I hope you're all feeling well, and I can't wait to see pictures of Hank. Love the name, by the way.
yeah Carma! i can't believe you went this long but i'm so excited that you're done. and what a super woman -- no epidural!! good luck with the new baby. here's the link to my blog i promised like weeks ago when i saw you at the church: thetalbottimes.blogspot.com.
meg talbot
Congratulations! I can not wait to meet the little guy. And way to go, Carma!!
Holy cow! Go Carma!! I can't wait to meet little Hank! Congratulations to the Barnetts!!
Oh my gosh, I was just going to call you guys today to see what the status was! That's so awesome and NATURAL?! You are my hero!!!
YOU ROCK CARMA! Can't wait to see you and little Hank!
Congrats you guys! I am in disbelief that she actually had to ASK if she was done! She is a champ!
Yay for you guys!!! Congratulations! That's crazy that it all happened so fast. And awesome that she did it all natural. WOW. Let me know if we can help in any way.
HOORAY!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so excited for you guys and for your newest addition! You are a champ for going natural Carma, and we can't wait to meet little Hank-we'll have to make a trip down to OKC. Love you guys!!
Congrats! I love the feeling of not being pregnant anymore! My first was natural too (not by choice) but the recovery time is way quicker without the epidural! (I will still choose the pain free method if I have a say!;))
Congratulations! I am so excited for you! 3 kids aren't as scary as it seems! I'm glad it went so quick for you too! He is adorable and does look just like the others! They are so cute! Have fun and enjoy this time, it goes by too fast!
Congrats Carma and Topher. Three little boys, how fun!
YAY!! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment