CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 15, 2010

What we've been up to...

Well, I have 30 something pictures that I want to post, because we have been busy these past 4 months. Sorry for the delay. No excuses. It looks like we have now fallen into the "semi-annual" bloggers category, so enjoy the scrapbook!

My great friend Kristen took these pictures of the boys! I love them, they turned out great.




Miles is so smart. This was the first time he wrote his name. He is so excited to start PreK this week.
Playing soccer, Miles was quite the scrappy little dude when he wanted to be.
This was what Jack did every game for the entire game.
Cute cowboy Hank
Riding bikes. We're working on no training wheels for Miles.
Go Jack!
We went to the annual "touch a truck" in Edmond. They let the kids sit in and drive any vehicle you can think of - a boys dream!
We repopulated Edmond in birds this spring. We seriously had 11 baby birds.
For our 7 year anniversary Toph and I went to see Collective Soul - we love them. It was such a fun concert!
us, Puttnams, Smiths
Seven Happy Years! Collective Soul was the perfect date. We acutally saw them our Senior Year of High School it was so so fun to go again.
Picking blackberries - the fresh blackberry pie was divine.

I was able to go home for a couple weeks with the boys (no Toph - sad). Here's a picture of all the Douglas cousins.
Baseball

Hank looked like this at the end of every game or practice. He always had about an inch of dirt in his hair.

Sleeping out on the tramp. We chose one of the cooler nights, but it was still about 79 degrees. We all woke up in the center of the tramp and very sweaty. So fun though!
Poor Miles...his BF Woody had an accident and his boot broke off. We didn't think it could be fixed, so he was devasted. Luckily dad came to the rescue and saved his lifetime friend.
BFF's
We've been eating a lot of slushes to keep cool.
Swim Lessons - Jack the fish
Miles loved swim lessons this year and is pretty good at swimming with no life jacket or help!
Toph built us a pergola (like a deck).
We stained and stained! There was so much wood.
After 2 and half days of working in the hot 100 degree weather, Toph finished it up late Saturday night. I was so proud of him. This was definitely his first huge project he has taken on. I knew he could do it. It is amazing. Toph did produce a strange stench for the last few days, but it was all worth it.


The finished product!! Isn't it awesome!

14 comments:

Bruce Douglas said...

Hey,
We loved all the cute pictures. Congrats Toph, the pergola looks great. Can't wait to sit outside in the shade when we come again. You did an awesome job!!
I loved all the pictures, I think my favorites were sad Miles, bike riding Jack and dirty Hank. They were all great! Sure do love you!!
G & G Douglas

Socktopus Creations said...

You guys always have so much fun! LOVE the pergola! It looks so awesome! That's Chris' next big project :)

Danielle said...

Um... the above comment is from me. I forgot to switch accounts!

Minnesota Fun! said...

Wow, you guys have been busy! Glad to see you are doing well.
Bon

Megan said...

LOVE the pergola! You just gave yourself some fabulous shade to enjoy while you live there & a great selling feature.

The Vakautakakala's said...

i love the pergola also!! i keep telling my hubby we need to build one of these!! (I would love to get the details of where you found the wood, cost, and where you got the plans)

Tammy said...

Hey guys!
Love all the pics. They are so cute! Sad Miles broke my heart, but so priceless!!
Topher, I am so proud of you. You did a great job on the Pergola, it looks Awesome!!!!
Love, Mom!

Carol Davis said...

Your deck looks so nice.

The Wright Fam said...

Hooray, you were able to blog today!! Love all the new pics!! There's lots of fun memories in there!! :)

The Foys said...

Sterling and I TOTALLY went to the Collective Soul concert too! We absolutely love them! That's so fun... too bad that we didn't know that you were there, it would have been so fun to see you! And holy awesome deck! That is so sweet. He did a great job! Hope you're doing and feeling well! It's great to see what you've been up to!

Andrew said...

So fun! I don't think I could build a pergola. I put shelves up in my room by myself and thought that was a pretty big deal haha. Miss you guys!

Lindsay said...

Congrats on seven years! And Collective Soul - what a fun way to celebrate. Actually, my first concert ever was Collective Soul with you! So fun! :)

Greg D said...

HC! The Pergola looks fantastico! Now y'all should plant some grapes or something to go on top.

Bekah said...

The pergola looks awesome!!!! I love the stained color!